Friday, 5th June 2015
DUN LAOGHAIRE HARBOUR COMPANY COMMENCES JUNE ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
Dun Laoghaire will be a hive of activity this June, as the Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company commences its June Activity Programme. The June activity programme will comprise a number of cruise calls, family-fun activities, the starting point for the Sonia O’Sullivan 5K Run and the two hugely popular Rainbow Runs, Ireland’s longest running 5k fun run.
Key dates in the June programme will include:
- HB IceCream Bus: From Friday, 5th June to Sunday, 7th June, the HB Goodbye Seri-Bus will be bringing people on a fun-filled, ice-cream beach trip from Nassau Street to Dun Laoghaire.
- Showcasing: An Exhibition of Marine Artists will be held on Saturday and Sunday, 6th and 7thJune, and the Irish Youth Dance Festival will have a small outdoor showcase on Saturday, 27thJune as part of their annual event.
- Races: Three 5K runs will be held in June. The Sonia O’Sullivan 5K Run, will place Saturday, 13th June with a reception held in the Harbour Plaza. Fun runners are invited to take part one of the two very popular Rainbow Runs on Saturday, 20th June 10am & 3pm.
- FunFair The fun fair will open beside the Ferry Terminal on Friday 26th June running until Sunday 12th July – the perfect opportunity for a family day out!
The Celebrity Silhouette cruise ship will arrive in Dun Laoghaire on her maiden voyage to Ireland Sunday, 14th June, and the beautiful Wind Surf will visit again on 29th June. The cruise welcome programme, specially devised by the Dun Laoghaire Cruise Stakeholder Group will be taking place during these visits to ensure the visitors take maximum advantage of what the town has to offer.
July will also be a busy month for Dun Laoghaire, with highlights for the July programme including:
- VOLVO Dun Laoghaire Regatta 2015: The 6th edition of the sailing event runs from Thursday, 9th July to Sunday, 12th July, and will attract more than 2,500 sailors from the UK and Ireland
- Kiddies FunFair – Children under the age of 10 can enjoy an array of bounce amusements on the east pier from Friday, 17th
CONTACT: Emily Brennan, DHR Communications @ 01-4200580 / 086-1658629.