ROAD ACCESS RESTRICTIONS SUNDAY 20th AUGUST 2017
IRONMAN® 70.3 Dublin is coming to your neighbourhood!
Pedestrian movement remains unrestricted and therefore, pedestrians may access and cross the bike course whenever it is safe to do so and under the guidance of event stewards when appropriate. However, the following restrictions apply to all vehicles*. The detailed information below will allow you to plan your route on race day and avoid any unnecessary delays.
*Does not include emergency vehicles that will have unrestricted access throughout.
DUN LAOGHAIRE – 04.00 – 10.00
- There will be full access to Dun Laoghaire town centre but no access to the Harbour from 06.30 until 10.00.
- The swim starts from Sandycove* and all surrounding roads will be closed from 04.00 until approximately 10.00.
- The Transition from swim to bike takes place at Newtonsmith Park on Marine Parade and therefore, Marine Parade, Newtownsmith, Windsor Terrace, Queens Road, Crofton Road, Old Dunleary Road, Longford Terrace and Seapoint Avenue will all be closed to traffic between 06.00 – 10.000am.
- Access to Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire would be from Newtown Park Avenue, Monkstown Road and York Road. Georges Street, Summerhill Road and Glasthule are unaffected.
*Local swimmers are advised to use the Forty Foot to enter the water between 6.00am and 9.00am.
BLACKROCK – 06.30 – 09.45
The bike course travels along Seapoint Avenue onto Frascati Road heading north to Rock Road and crossing the Dart line at Merrion Gates before continuing along Strand Road. Between 06.30 and 09.45 there will be no vehicle access into Blackrock – the bottom of Craysfort Road and Mount Merrion Avenue will be shut.
BOOTERSTOWN – 06.30 – 09.45
- The bottom of Booterstown Avenue will be closed till 09.45
- Pedestrian access to the Dart Station will be maintained throughout.
- There will be no access onto Rock Road from St Helens Road, Trimleton Ave, Bellevue Avenue & Heskin Court.
- Access to Booterstown, Monkstown & Dun Laoghaire from Merrion Road will be via Nutley Lane / Stillorgan Road.
SANDYMOUNT – 06.30 – 09.45
There will be no access on to Strand Road and Beach Road between 06.30am and 09.45am.
IRISHTOWN – 06.30 – 09.45
The bike course takes a right off Beach Road onto Sean Moore Road and takes the left exit at the roundabout towards the East Link Bridge.
- There will be no access on to Sean Moore Road between 30 and 09.45.
- The East Link Bridge will also be closed to traffic between 06.30 and 10.00.
- Traffic travelling to the North side of Dublin City between 06.30 and 10:15 will need to do so via the M50.
RINGSEND – 07.00 – 10.00
The course continues over the East Link Bridge and along North Wall Quay and stays on the North Quays all the way up to Parkgate Street. Traffic exiting the Port Tunnel will not be able to access the East Link Bridge or the North Quays until after 10.00.