Underground Parking in Zone 2 is now reduced from €8.00 to €5.00 daily .
Zone 2 is one of the key parking areas in the Harbour and closest to the Pavillion & Marine Road area.
More on Harbour parking here.
Effective as of 06.02.2017
Dun Laoghaire Harbour Annual Swim
Sunday 21 August 2016
Please note the (87th) Annual Harbour swim will take place on Sunday 21 August, 2016. All harbour users are directed to keep clear of the swimmers; this includes both watercraft and shore-side rod fishermen.
Additionally boats moored in the East Bight are not to operate their engines
- A Childrens’ Race is scheduled to start at 13:30 hours
- The Mens’ Race is scheduled to start at 14:30 hours
- The Ladies’ Race is scheduled to start at approximately 15:30 hours
The Mens’ and Ladies’ races will have the same course which will last approximately fifty minutes each. HW 14:24 hours
The course will be as follows:
- START at RNLI Boathouse, East Pier Slipway;
- TURN and then along front of National Yacht Club pontoons;
- TURN at RNLI Mooring and then along length of Carlisle Pier; DIRECT from HEAD of Carlisle Pier to East Pier Lighthouse; TURN at a buoy laid off the lighthouse to go INSIDE moorings;
- FOLLOW down the entire length of the East Pier wall so as to
- FINISH at the East Pier Slipway
For further safety, all other Harbour users are to comply with any instructions given by the attending Race Marshals. The Marshals will be in guard boats or canoes that accompany the swimmers and will wear High Visibility jackets as an identity.
N.B. Race times are provisional and may be subject to change
15 August 2016
A huge congratulations to our resident Olympian Annalise Murphy after her silver medal win.
Annalise Murphy won silver in the Laser Radial class at Guanabara Bay in Rio overtaking her Danish rival Anne-Marie Rindom.
Watch here as Annalises home club the National Yacht Club celebrated her win.
Annalise has won the first Olympic sailing medal for Ireland since the Moscow Olympics of 1980.
Terms and Conditions: Photo Competition
- Twitter Entries : To enter the competition entrants must post their favourite photo of the Dun Laoghaire Harbour using the text I want tickets to Beatyard and tag us @dlharbour. Click here to enter.
- Facebook Entries : To enter the competition entrants must post their favourite photo of the Dun Laoghaire Harbour using the text “ I want tickets to Beatyard “ and tag Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company. To enter click here
- 20 pairs of tickets to be won via a Facebook photo competition
- 20 pairs of tickets to be won via a Twitter photo competition
- Winners can choose tickets for the Sat 30th or Sun 31st July 2016.
- Closing date for entries 17:00 Wed 20th July 2016
- Winners to be announced on Facebook and Twitter on Fri 22nd July 2016
- Winners will be asked to message the Dun Laoghaire Harbour account (Facebook or Twitter) with their email address. A login to an online ticketing system will be sent to the winners email to allow them to collect their prize.
- The winning photos will be chosen by a Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company panel.
- Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her own social media account for prize notification.
- Winners must contact Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company before Thursday 28th July 2016 with an email address for details to collect their winning tickets.
- All photo entries may be used for promotional purposes in future by Dun Laoghaire Harbour.
- Persons posting rude or inappropriate photos/comments will be deleted from our account.
- The decision on the winning entrants is final.
Note: This promotion does not have a connection with Facebook or Twitter in any way and is not sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook or Twitter. The recipient of the information provided by you is not Facebook or Twitter, but Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company.
Internal Audit Services – Tender references: DLHC/2016/01
Issue of RFT: Tues 21st June 2016.
Deadline for receipt of queries/clarifications: Tues 12th July 2016 – 12 noon.
Deadline for receipt of tender responses: Tues 19thth July 2016 – 12 noon
Response to tender applications: Wed 17th Aug 2016 – 12 noon
Successful applicant commencement of duties: Mon 3rd Oct 2016
Find the RFT at www.etenders.gov.ie
Fog Signal – Dublin Bay
For those of your close to the harbour today you may be aware of a fog horn being sounded. The signal is being sounded by the ship “Ben Rinnes” which is at anchor waiting to go in to Dublin Port
The signal R (dot dash dot) in morse code is an International Signal for Prevention Collisions at sea and the ship is obliged to sound it whilst at anchor in restricted visibility – this is Maritime Law.
When the fog goes (or when the ship goes) the signals will stop.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.