A huge congratulations to our resident Olympian Annalise Murphy after her silver medal win.
Annalise Murphy won silver in the Laser Radial class at Guanabara Bay in Rio overtaking her Danish rival Anne-Marie Rindom.
Watch here as Annalises home club the National Yacht Club celebrated her win.
Annalise has won the first Olympic sailing medal for Ireland since the Moscow Olympics of 1980.
Terms and Conditions: Photo Competition
- Twitter Entries : To enter the competition entrants must post their favourite photo of the Dun Laoghaire Harbour using the text I want tickets to Beatyard and tag us @dlharbour. Click here to enter.
- Facebook Entries : To enter the competition entrants must post their favourite photo of the Dun Laoghaire Harbour using the text “ I want tickets to Beatyard “ and tag Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company. To enter click here
- 20 pairs of tickets to be won via a Facebook photo competition
- 20 pairs of tickets to be won via a Twitter photo competition
- Winners can choose tickets for the Sat 30th or Sun 31st July 2016.
- Closing date for entries 17:00 Wed 20th July 2016
- Winners to be announced on Facebook and Twitter on Fri 22nd July 2016
- Winners will be asked to message the Dun Laoghaire Harbour account (Facebook or Twitter) with their email address. A login to an online ticketing system will be sent to the winners email to allow them to collect their prize.
- The winning photos will be chosen by a Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company panel.
- Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her own social media account for prize notification.
- Winners must contact Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company before Thursday 28th July 2016 with an email address for details to collect their winning tickets.
- All photo entries may be used for promotional purposes in future by Dun Laoghaire Harbour.
- Persons posting rude or inappropriate photos/comments will be deleted from our account.
- The decision on the winning entrants is final.
Note: This promotion does not have a connection with Facebook or Twitter in any way and is not sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook or Twitter. The recipient of the information provided by you is not Facebook or Twitter, but Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company.
CIRCUS GERBOLA opens THURSDAY 30th June in Dun Laoghaire at the Harbour Green, for FOUR days only.
The 2016 show opens in Dún Laoghaire with a new fabulous production “FLYING HIGH” with the following performances:
- Thursday, 30th June at 7.30pm
- Friday, 1st July at 4:30pm and 7.30pm
- Saturday, 2nd July at 2:00pm and 5:00pm
- Sunday, 3rd July at 2:00pm and 5:00pm
THURSDAY at 7:30pm – all seats are €9.99 for anyone, anywhere.
+353 (0) 86 370 0620 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Book tickets on our web site www.circusgerbola.ie and save money.
Get your discount vouchers at local shops and businesses
This week’s special code: M147
The Annual Rainbow Runs take place this Saturday the 25th June 2016 at 10:00 and at 15:00.
Affects to the harbour are as follows
- Parking will be unavailable on the West Pier from 18:00 24th June to 18:00 25th June
- Parking will be unavailable in the Coal Harbour from 18:00 24th June to 18:00 25th June
Alternative parking is available throughout the rest of the harbour.
The Rainbow Run event will start/finish in the Coal Harbour. Access to the Accommodation Way (the single carriage access route from the Coal Harbour to the West Pier) and the West Pier will be restricted to traffic as follows during the two Rainbow Runs.
- Sat 25th June From 10:00 – 12:00
- Sat 25th June From 15:00 – 17:00
Access to the water
Please be advised that the two car parks at the Coal Harbour (Stone Yard car park and Old Slip car park) will be closed between 18:00 hours on Friday 24 June and 18:00 hours on Saturday 25 June
There will be no access to the water from the Old Slipway or the steps on the Old Quay from these car parks during this period.
Users wanting to use the main Public Slipway should use Traders Wharf Road to access the Boatyard and Slipway via the North gate.
Race Pack Pick Up Point
Race packs are available for collection from the Ferry Terminal Building (off harbour plaza) as follows
- Friday 24th June – 14:00 – 20:00
- Sat 25th June – 08:00 – 14:00
Internal Audit Services – Tender references: DLHC/2016/01
Issue of RFT: Tues 21st June 2016.
Deadline for receipt of queries/clarifications: Tues 12th July 2016 – 12 noon.
Deadline for receipt of tender responses: Tues 19thth July 2016 – 12 noon
Response to tender applications: Wed 17th Aug 2016 – 12 noon
Successful applicant commencement of duties: Mon 3rd Oct 2016
Find the RFT at www.etenders.gov.ie
Friday 17th June 2016
Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company are delighted to team up with the new innovative Pop Up site Popertee, this summer. Popertee is an online marketplace connecting property owners who have spare space with businesses and brand managers who are looking to rent retail spaces on a short-term or “pop-up” basis.
The Harbour Company have five key areas which are unique to the market and fit in with the “popup” Popertee ethos.
- The Harbour Events area is a 16,000 sq.m compound adjacent to the Ferry Terminal building.
- The historic Carlisle Pier is 8,000 sq.m and overlooks the famous East Pier.
- The Harbour Plaza area is 3,150 sq.m and adjacent to Marine Road and the busy Pavilion Café/Restaurant area.
- The Sun shelter is 140 sq.m on the East Pier.
- The well known and loved Victorian Bandstand on the East Pier.
A short term rental of these five areas are available for pop-ups such as concerts, theatre productions, corporate events & promotions & children’s entertainment. However we are open to any ideas and would love to see these unique areas utilised. It would be great to see these historic sites utilised for new and exciting ventures!
The Popertee website compliments the Harbour portfolio of events such as the annual 5k 98FM Rainbow Run and the 2 day August Bank Holiday weekend Beatyard Festival.
“Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company are delighted to offer areas of the harbour for short term lease. We look forward to an increase in footfall and revenue to the benefit of the harbour and town” Carolyn Hanaphy
Carolyn Hanaphy 087 788 2056 email@example.com
Aileen Dowling 087 289 0328 firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 2016 Newsletter
The Harbour has a host of activities taking place this month.
The 4 Yacht Club Regattas take place June/July, Cruise calls and the 98FM Rainbow Run bringing appox 8,000 to the harbour.
Find out more
Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company welcomed over 2,000 guests and crew into the harbour last Thursday 26th May. The German ship Mein Schiff 1 was the first of 8 cruise calls to the harbour this summer.
Guests were greeted on board by German speaking ambassadors before disembarking for Dun Laoghaire.
This is the 2nd TUI Cruises company visit to the harbour after its successful September 2015 Mein Schiff 4 call.
A team of 25 brightly coloured local ambassadors were on hand to welcome guests to Dun Laoghaire and help guests navigate their way to their chosen destination. A 2pm traditional Irish dance display took place at the Pavilion Shopping area to the delight of visitors and local onlookers.
The Harbour company looks forward to a further 7 cruise calls to the harbour this summer.
Friday 10th June
The Newly refurbished Hebridean Sky (formally Sea Explorer 1) cruise ship today reached Dun Laoghaire Harbour for its first visit.
The boutique ship holds 100 guests / 72 crew and spends part of its year exploring the Antarctic Peninsula & Falkland Islands.
Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company are delighted to welcome the first of 2 calls from Noble Caledonian group this summer with this ship returning on the 30th August. The ship was renovated earlier in 2016 and now features all 59 suites facing outwards.
The MS Hebridean Sky is one of three flag ships, and is sister vessel to the MS Caledonian Sky and MS Island Sky, which visited the harbour in June 2015.
The 90.6m ship will call to the historic Carlisle Pier after its recent refurbishment to accommodate such visits.
Arriving at 07:00 the ship will visit Dun Laoghaire for 13 hours before heading north to Portrush, Co Down.
Dun Laoghaire Harbour Master Capt. Simon Coate today said ;
“Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company works hard to secure luxury ships of this kind to the harbour. The unique aesthetics of the 200 year old harbour makes this a sought after port-of-call”
Press Queries : Please contact Carolyn Hanaphy at 01 2713203 email@example.com
L-R – Captain Niklas Peterstam , Carl Mc Evoy Dun Laoghaire Business Improvement District & Dun Laoghaire Harbour Master Capt. Simon Coate welcome Hebridean Sky to Dun Laoghaire.
Beatyard returns to Dun Laoghaire Harbour this August Bank Holiday weekend (Sat 30th & Sun 31st July) with a host of music, games, eats and games.
The 2 day festival returns after a successful 2015. This years line up features Boney M, The Rubberbandits, Jape along with 50 acts, 50 Flea Market Vendors, 5 International Craft Brewers and all in one tent.
Talks, chats and sing-alongs in the Banteryard.
Experiments, explosions and screenings at the Techyard, classic gaming in our Gamesyard, a place to dock the kids in our Studioyard and the tastiest of treats in the Eatyard with Just-Eat.
Find out more www.the-beatyard.com/lineup