It’s officially event day!
Our team are on site & just putting the finishing touches on everything down in Dun Laoghaire Harbour!
Just a few housekeeping things to take note of, to help make sure there are no hiccups on arrival or while you are enjoying The Ball today.
IMPORTANT ATTENDEE INFORMATION
- Please download the Eventbrite app to your phone, with your tickets ready or have your physical ticket printed for inspection once you get to the venue – all bar codes will be scanned on arrival & there will be NO RE-ENTRY!
If you have bought a ticket from a third party and not from the UCD & DIT SU Shops or our official ticketing service on our site/Eventbrite, you do so at your own risk!
- Please ensure you have both a valid student ID & Government ID with you – acceptable forms of each are below.
The following forms of photo identification are acceptable once they are in date:
- Valid Passport
- Driving Licence/Learner Permit
- National ID Card/Government Issued Photo ID Card including Garda National Age Card
The following forms of student ID are acceptable once they are in date:
- Student ID Card issued in Republic of Ireland by a 3rd Level Institute
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Student Leap Card
*In exceptional circumstances organisers may accept a letter from your education provider in lieu of student ID. This is at the discretion of the organiser & is not guaranteed.
- Gates open at 3pm & last entry to the event will be 7pm, we would encourage all attendees to get down early to enjoy the full day.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed on site and ALL attendees will be searched on entry. We have a great selection of items available in our Food Yard.
- Dublin Bus will be operating 46A buses exclusively at the exit of the festival – they will accept LEAP cards and normal cash payments.
- Forbidden Items – the following items are not permitted within the Festival venue and will be confiscated if found on your person:
Alcohol may NOT be brought in from outside – there are bars within the venue which will be selling a selection of beer, wine, cider & spirits.
- Glass items
- Flares or Lasers
- Selfie sticks
- Poles or Umbrellas
- If you feel unwell, please contact a member of our medical team. Your safety is our prioity and there will be no judgement and it will be confidential.
9. Getting to & from The Ball
We advise all attendees to make use of public transport as parking spaces are very limited in the surrounding area – the festival will be serviced by the DART, the 46A & the 75 buses and Lynk taxis will also be servicing the area.
Please check www.transportofireland.ie to route your journey.
10. We aim to make this an annual event and we would ask that all students abide by all legal by-laws pertaining to alcohol in public areas, noise pollution, littering etc. Please adhere to the direction from our stewards & security as well as An Garda Siochana and please be mindful of our neighbours when exiting the venue.
Please be safe and enjoy the day – this is your end of year party and we want it to be as much fun as possible for you!
Now someone pass us a drink 😉
THE BALL TEAM x