The Ocean Atlantic Cruise ship made its maiden trip to Dun Laoghaire Harbour this morning.
The 140 metre cruise ship has an ice strengthened hull to allow it to explore some of the most remote areas of the world.
Image above ( L-R ) – Dun Laoghaire Harbour Master Capt. Simon Coate, An Cathaoirleach Cllr. Ossian Smyth meet Ocean Atlantic captain Nicolay Tililyuk .
Ocean Atlantic Ship Specification
- Choice of 6 cabins and suite categories
- Bright, spacious cabins and common areas
- Plenty of deck space for observation
- Lounge with panoramic views and comfortable seating
- Contemporary dining
- Coffee bar and polar library
- Lecture theater
- Polar Boutique
Staff & Crew 160
Length 460 feet (140 meters)
Breadth 69 feet (21 meters)
Draft 19 feet (5.8 meters)
Propulsion 4 x 3,600 kW engines
Ice Class 1B
Cruising speed 12 knots in open water
Lifeboats 6 fully enclosed